Friday, September 7, 2012

Hot Pools

I was told there were some natural hot spring pools not too far away, but no one was sure where. I googled and found the only ones that were not a long tramp into the bush nor restricted by private property. I wasn't able to find them on my first try. I did find helpful locals and most of the signs, but getting low on time and gas figured I'd better head back. I was given a full day off the next day, so I filled up the gas tank and gave it another try. After a couple of hours, I came to a sure sign of how far from civilization I had traveled. I cam around a sharp corner and the road was completely taken over by cows.
The herd didn't even stop, just went right around my car. I guess ATV's work well in place of horses, but is he still considered a cowboy?

Then suddenly the small, twisty, turny mountain road was no longer paved.
Shortly after that, I was having to cross that which no cow may.
Then ford a stream? Really?
Sure, no problem....hehe. Staying positive. Telling myself, come on you can do it.
Well, at least this stream has a bridge.
Though it is barely big enough for my car to fit.
Good thing my car is small.
The road ended at a picnic area, but I'm sure the pools are here somewhere.
Found a trail to follow.
Yea! Not too much further, but the trail is getting tricky.
I see steam rising. I must be getting very close now.
Ahhhh, the source of the steam. And at the bottom of that waterfall......
What does that little sign say?
Alrighty then. Good to know. Don't get to relaxed. And yes it is all natural. No filters and nothing added to the water. Just straight from the waterfall through that white pipe into the pools.
 And then out the overflow valve from the pools back into the waterfall.
Oh my goodness! It feels great!
Oh yeah, don't get to relaxed. Open those eyes! Wow! Check out the view!
The sounds from the river below and the water fall beside......oh, yeah, don't get to relaxed.


I had this place all to myself. Not another soul around for the hours that I was there. Back at the trail head by the picnic area I found you could see a tiny bit of the pools. Spring has just begun here, so I bet, once those trees are in full bloom, you won't be able to see the pools at all.
It was quite a nail bitting journey, but I am so glad I made it to the end of the road and walked down that trail and didn't let the sign scare me from getting in the water. Totally worth it! I felt the waters and the land around them were sacred and healing. I left renewed and very grateful. Grateful that God gives us everything we could ever need including friends and family. Thanks again for coming along on this journey. LOVE!

2 comments:

  1. Delightful adventure! Thanks for taking us along with you! Love & hugs! k

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adventurer you are! Let's hear it for perseverance and guts. You inspire my travels. Keep having fun!! Oh, and keep sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete