Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Flowery Thoughts and then....


This bush looks like daisies, but it's just leaves not flowers.
These buds are bigger than my fist and bloom into these amazing flowers.
These little ones grow into these tree looking ones.
Yeah, the short round succulents grow into the trees.....no way.....yes way.
And these bud feels like bird feathers.
And bloom into these beautiful yellow flowers.
All this was on the side of the road. Like they put something pretty for people to see as they drive by instead of looking at the car park on the other side. Yep, this garden was just between the road and a parking lot. Really nice. I do find myself singing in my head, "They paved paradise to put up a parking lot."


Last night's widely-felt magnitude-7.0 earthquake was the largest in the area for up to 120 years.


Thank goodness there was very little damage in Opunake and none where I am, Wellington, which is 107 miles away. We just had a good shake that felt kind of like a heavy train going by close to the house. Wow! I've experienced my first earthquake.


Coming soon.....Seal Safari Tour, Zealandia Exhibition & Sanctuary Valley and Pukaha Mount Bruce National Wildlife Centre. My friends have found some great deals on grabone.com.

Also, they're taking me to see a car Saturday, so maybe I'll be taking to the road. I am so ready to drive again. I've been paying close attention while in the backseat or on the bus. I'm sure I can remember to stay to the left, give way, instead of yield and, when in a car park, look for the way out, instead of the exit.


Well, ta for now and thanks again for coming along with me.

3 comments:

  1. Cheryl Babers HagarJuly 4, 2012 at 5:59 AM

    WOW! Those protea remind me of Hawaii. How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what gorgeous and unusual flowers. I have got to put NZ on my list of places to go. And how brave of you to get in a car and 'give way' while you're looking for the 'way out.' You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning! Mother Earth sure knows how to dress up! Thanks for sharing, T!

    ReplyDelete